“INNOVATION: The best way to predict the future is to go out and create it!”
What is AthleteFIT?
People ask me all the time, “What do you do here?“ and it is sometimes hard for me to answer in a 30 second conversation. But ultimately, to understand WHAT we do, you first must understand WHY we do it. We believe in evidence based training, or training that is based on solid research. And since there is not much research out there on how to best develop young, athletic players, we have to push the limits of the imagination and try out new and innovative ways to enhance fitness and performance. We build these program progressions and then track changes in our athletes as they go through our program, consistently monitoring player development through our system.
We call this the “4-T’s” or Testing, Teaching, Training and Tracking. This model requires us to create innovative, sport specific testing protocols, educational daily blog posts on our training procedures, progressive programs that integrate skill, strength and fitness into an innovative development system and then monitor the changes in our players over the course of their career.
This website is designed to document our system, educate our players, parents and coaches, and enhance every visitors understanding of youth sports performance training.
“In short, our passion for explaining the WHY motivates us to teach the HOW so our members can find value in WHAT we do.”
Using the tabs at the top of this page, you can quickly navigate to a specific section to learn more about what you are looking for:
- Our Purpose: General background our our vision/philosophy (why we do what we do).
- Our System: Inside look at how we execute our vision (how we do what we do).
- Our Services: List of our services (what we do).
- Train with Us: If you live in the Greater Kansas City area and would like to train at our facility, go directly to this tab and see what programs we have to offer young players, coaches and adults looking to get AthleteFIT.
- Blog (Training Ideas & Discussions): Our Blog, broken down by category so you can learn, gather training ideas and comment on our posts.
A Quick Peek into our Progression: